Tuesday, April 14, 2009

We Have A Kitchen!!!

Finally, after 6 months without a functioning kitchen the wait is over. This was a big week. Friday, my coworkers installed the butcher block counters and the appliances were delivered. The counters look amazing, especially with the farmhouse sink. Today, as I type, our friend Angel is finishing up the installation of all our appliances (range, hood, sink/faucet, and dishwasher). On Sunday, I actually went grocery shopping for real food and it felt great. No more microwave and hotplate! The kitchen finally looks like it's supposed to. There are still a few details to be finished (tile backsplash, painting the walls, new lights, hanging the upper cabinet doors...) but all the functional part is done. I must say that it's all turning our exactly how I imagined it. It's quaint, cozy, and feels like it should have been an original part of the house. Rejuvenation (a lighting and house parts store based in Portland) is having a home remodeling contest, and I'm thinking about entering the kitchen if we complete everything by the deadline (hmmm, which is May 1st...maybe a bit soon). Who knows? It could be fun, and the $1,000 gift certificate wouldn't be bad! We'll see. For now, I'm just happy with cooking our own food!






ps...Don't worry, the walls aren't going to be green too! It's just overspray from the cupboards being painted! The walls will be Rich Cream and the backsplash will be white subway tiles...soon.

7 comments:

LJ, DC and ML said...

Ashley, it's GORGEOUS! I love it, you should totally enter the contest!
(Can't remember now if I've commented here before, hehehe Molly sent me to your blog. I'm SO jealous)

Molly said...

Beautiful! Funny that Lenessa beat me to this post. You really should enter it in the contest. Your kitchen is awesome!

Ashley C. said...

Lenessa was quick!! The post was up less than 5 minutes. Awesome. As for the contest, there's a light I want to get from Rejuvenation first that will hang over the sink, but it takes 2-3 weeks for it to arrive. I'm not sure I can order and install it before the contest deadline. If I do, I'll totally enter. It would be fun!

Maria said...

Ashley/Mijo, the kitchen looks amazing! What a wonderful job you have done in making it your kitchen. I can't believe it was just pretty much empty space, now it does look like its part of the original house. I can't wait to see it completed with all your details. Love it!!!

Richxxx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richxxx said...

looks so nice! congratulations!

makes me want nice things....

Cheryl said...

I am so impressed with all the work you guys have done! Your kitchen is fantastic!